Monday, September 05, 2005

A horoscope, a pillowcase, and some errands

This was my daily horoscope that I received in my e-mail:
"Today is an excellent day for you, ANNIE, in which you should be able to ground your emotions and find a greater amount of stability in your life in general. As you walk down the street, be conscious of the earth below you. Plant your feet firmly on the ground and realize that you are a living part of this great planet. You are a product of the Earth herself. Do not separate yourself from Mother Nature. You are her daughter - respect her."
That's a horoscope I could really use right now - a reminder to ground myself and connect with the earth. It's so hard to stay grounded, especially when the world makes as little sense as ever. I am dealing with a lot of uncertainties, mostly related to my health, and it's hard after a while to constantly have these questions swimming around in my head. I wish I had some disease that was easy to figure out, easy to treat, or at least where the treatment is fairly easy to decide on. It's just so hard to deal with a disease that isn't well known, isn't widely accepted as a serious illness, the treatment is tricky to figure out, insurance companies don't feel they need to cover all the treatments, and just generally sucks.

Enough about health stuff, that's not what this blog is for. I've been sitting here for the last few hours trying to figure out what else to write here, but I'm having some trouble thinking of anything. I'm watching Kathy Griffin on Bravo, which is pretty darn funny. I need to start watching funny things on TV more often. Most of the movies I get from Netflix are dramas. Right now I have "Hotel Rwanda", "Runaway Jury", and "Waking Life". I haven't watched the last one yet but my sister and brother-in-law both really like it so I thought I'd get it. But, they're definitely not comedies. I need to put some more funny movies on my Netflix list.

I just have to say that I just got a package in the mail from one of my "Lymie" friends, Debbie. She had told me that she was making something for me but I had no idea what it was and I certainly didn't expect what I opened. She embroidered a pillowcase with gorgeous purple flowers on the end. It's really beautiful and amazing that someone would do something like that for me! I'm so touched and amazed and just...pretty speechless about it. Now I need to go get a new pillow to put it on - my pillows aren't worthy of such a beautiful pillowcase. Debbie, if you happen to be reading this, thank you so much. You are amazing and you really made my day!

My agenda for the day is:

  • Take a shower and get dressed (pretty sad that this has to have it's own bullet)
  • Go by work to see if there's a check waiting for me for last month (and see if anyone has signed up for my theater classes)
  • Go do my laundry
  • Go to CVS (to pick up some things for my trip to Stacey's this weekend)
  • Go to Wal-Mart (also to pick up things for trip to Stacey's)
  • Go to the bank (to get money for trip to Stacey's and deposit check from work, if there is one)
  • Go to the post office
Whew! Quite a day of errands, but thankfully they can all be done in a fairly small area - two towns to visit and minimal driving if I get all of it done today. The gas prices being so high are incentive to get it all done in one errand-run. We'll see if I hold up long enough to get it all done. The shower is actually the most optional thing up there so I'm not sure if that will happen, but everything else should be doable!

Yours,
Penguini

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home