Friday, December 09, 2005

Oz, winter, and everything else

On today's agenda:

The Wizard of Oz (and how my worries are usually unfounded)
When it rains it pours, and when it snows...
I hate colds!
Unravelling the mystery that is my health
Computer viruses suck!


The Wizard of Oz (and how my worries are usually unfounded)

So my last post about the worries of talking to Michele about the kid who was having problems with her yelling...yeah, that post was full of worries that didn't need to be worried about. I talked to Michele about it that night and she was so sorry to hear that he was so upset. She talked to him and it was fine (at least as far as I know). The kids did a great job with the play which Michele and I were both surprised about (after a disasterous dress rehearsal, and no good rehearsals...ever) and I'm just so impressed with their ability to pull it together. So, all's well that ends well!

When it rains it pours, and when it snows...

Yep, it's officially winter here in the northeast. We've had a few smallish snowfalls so far and today we are having a bit of a storm with winds and lots of snow (with some rain during the day but it's back to snow now) and it just looks like a mess out there. But I'm all snug in my bed after getting out of working today (see the next section of this entry for a further explanation of why) and I'm glad I don't have to brave the "real" world today. And I'm sure my little car is very thankful, too!

I hate colds!

Yep, I have a cold. That no-fun-stuffy-nose-coughing-headache-tired-sore-throat-yucky feeling that can only mean that your immune system is being pummelled by a foreign virus. Now I don't usually catch every cold and flu that goes around which on the surface seems weird since I have a chronic illness but Lyme is weird in that your immune system is depressed in some areas but very active in others which means less colds. BUT, for me it means that when I get a cold or the flu I stay sick for a very long time - usually a few months. So this will be a fun holiday season for me! I'm already getting a lot of vitamin C in my daily IV hydration (not to mention the hydration itself) so hopefully that will help me get over it faster!

Unravelling the mystery that is my health

Okay, so I don't usually like to concentrate on health stuff on here, that's what my Lyme journal is for, but this seemed like a general topic to write about here. Apparently my health is a bit of a mystery. That's not really anything new, I've known for quite a while that there's a lot of hit or misses and trial and error involved in trying to figure out the mysteries and figure out what can be done. The latest things are a) I apparently have decreased hearing in both ears, but mostly in my right ear (although I'm not convinced it's my ears since their little tester seemed a little...broken) and b) my physiatrist (and now my primary care doctor) wants me to have a sleep study done to make sure I don't have sleep apnea or anything like that that could be contributing to my intense fatigue. So I have a sleep study scheduled for Tuesday night, that should be fun (note the sarcasm). I'm interested to see if it shows anything.

Computer viruses suck!

I have some unknown virus-type-thing on my computer that I can't seem to get rid of not matter how many times I run McAfee or try to figure out where the problem is. I'll keep trying to fix it and maybe at some point I'll get my brother to look at my computer and try to figure it out. Right now there are basically only two annoying things happening: 1) Pop-ups happening a lot, mostly with Netscape and 2) when I restart my computer, the quick-launch menu on the bottom lefthand side of the screen goes away because for some reason the box that says "Show Quick Launch" gets unchecked. Hopefully this will resolve but maybe it has to run its course like my human virus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home