Thursday, July 12, 2007

Butterfly

I have scars
Parts of me that broke
And never fully healed.
They are just there,
A part of me
And I make no apologies
For who I am
And the path that’s brought me here.
Ripples in the water
Change the whole current,
The butterfly affect.
I have built a cocoon around myself,
Around my life,
To try to heal my lasting scars,
To protect me, to make me feel safe.
But one day I will emerge,
A beautiful butterfly,
And I will change the world with a breath of wind.
Moved by my wings,
Ever so slightly
And no one may notice,
And no one may care,
But perhaps there is one person out there,
Just one,
Who will feel the breath of wind
Whispering in their ear
And maybe,
Just maybe,
They will be inspired to change the world
One butterfly at a time.
--October 13, 2006

1 Comments:

At October 11, 2007 2:49 PM, Blogger Genie said...

Hullo! I'm a Lymie too. I've been strolling around Blogspot looking for other Lymies. Sucks, don't it? Yeah, you know. Anyway, I thought I'd say hi. So Hi!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home