Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Ahh...Nostalgia

Looking back at childhood and remembering all the great, comforting things about it is something I guess I tend to do a lot. I had a good childhood overall with lots of great memories. And one of my favorite things related to my childhood is the muppets. I grew up in the era where Jim Henson was doing many of the voices and somehow the Sesame Street sketches seemed...different than they are today. I think of it as "classic" Sesame Street. Sketches like Rubber Ducky, Put Down the Ducky, Ladybug's Picnic, I Don't Want to Live on the Moon, Here Fishy, Fishy, Fishy, Dance Myself to Sleep, C is for Cookie, Captain Vegetable, Super Grover, Teenie Little Super Guy, the aliens, all those great Grover the Waiter ones, and so many others. (If you didn't figure it out, you can click on those links to go to the sketches on YouTube.) But my favorite sketch of all time is one that perhaps some of you know, although I have to admit that, in looking at a lot of those sketches on YouTube it's hard for me to not smile and laugh at so many others. I think it's still shown on new episodes of Sesame Street from time to time and maybe it's well known, maybe it's just something that's specific to my childhood and unkown to most other people (especially those not from my specific generation). But, you now have the opportunity to see the sketch, thanks to YouTube (which I think is one of the best methods of procrastination out there!). The sketch is called...well, I guess it's called Ma Na Ma Na since that's all that's said in it. I hope you see the charm that I see in it and come to love it as much as I do. And if not, just consider it a glimpse into my childhood, that time when things seemed a little less complicated and Saturday mornings were for cartoons or soccer games. Ahh, nostalgia.



Yours,
Penguini

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home