Wednesday, July 04, 2007

My Independence Day

I am an independence day baby, born 25 years ago today. I have never
really taken independence by the horns, though. But this year will be
my year of independence. This birthday is different, it marks the
beginning of a year of change. I am sprouting wings and learning to fly
on my own.

Although things in my past may have felt like they
were holding me back, pinning me down to the solid ground and
preventing my flight, I have found my way to let go and start to ride
the winds. This day, my 25th birthday, marks a kind of rebirth, a new beginning and a new life. My life of independence. My independence day.

Today
is special, a day I claim for myself in the midst of a bustling, busy
world moving so fast it’s hard to keep up sometimes. After many long
years of feeling like I’m sitting things out, watching from the
sidelines, I am rejoining the world, or it is rejoining me in a sense.
My new life is beginning – this will be my year of flight so just watch
me soar!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home